Friday, December 9, 2011

New Director Angelina Jolie On The First Time She Called Action

First Published: December 9, 2011 2:53 PM EST Credit: Getty Images Caption Angelina Jolie arrives In The Land Of Blood And Honey Los Angeles Premiere on December 8, 2011LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Angelina Jolies feature film directorial debut, In the Land of Blood and Honey, is set to hit theaters later this month and although the stunning actress has starred in dozen of films, she admits she was apprehensive about taking the directorial reins for the first time. I was very shy, Angelina told Access Hollywood of the first time she called Action on set, at the films premiere in Los Angeles on Thursday. Somebody filmed it, and I think I say it like (quietly) Action and nobody could hear me. So everybody kind of said, Youre going to have to suck it up and do better than that. By the end, I was properly saying it, but at the beginning, I was whispering, she added. By the time filming drew to a close, the mother of six had found her voice. I did scream, Thats a wrap, she told Access. By that time, everybody had become this cast is from multiple sides of the conflict, multiple parts of the region, so to come together was such a beautiful thing, to see them make friends. By the time we wrapped, it was very emotional. Though navigating the new territory of directing was originally daunting, Angelina who also penned the screenplay for the drama said she hasnt ruled out stepping behind the lens again in the future. I dont know, she told Access, when asked if she has plans to direct again in the future. Its just started and people havent gotten to see it, so Im still a little gun-shy of it all. I was compelled by the story, she continued. So if theres something that I feel compelled to tell and I feel Ill do a good job, then Ill do my best, and maybe I could try again. In the Land of Blood and Honey is slated to hit theaters on December 23. Copyright 2011 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment