Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Toronto 2011: Day 6 Recap

Today was largely devoted to writing, as opposed to galavanting. I did, however, get out for the early afternoon press screening of Moneyball, which certainly lived up to the hype that I've been hearing around town all week, and the star of which -- namely, Brad Pitt -- I wrote about later in the day. This evening, I ventured out to the rooftop of The Spoke Club for Paramount's party celebrating its Sundance acquisition/TIFF film Like Crazy (pictured). I chatted for a bit with Jonathan Schwartz, the lawyer-turned-producer who helped to guide this film to fruition, and its male lead, Anton Yelchin; his co-star Felicity Jones, meanwhile, huddled with some friends by a heat lamp on the other side of the windy deck. Studio folks couldn't be happier with the response that Like Crazy has generated in Toronto, and have also enjoyed seeing the recently released poster for Young Adult (which we premiered on this blog), their other big awards contender, hanging in a main hallway of the packed TIFF Bell Lightbox for all festivalgoers and journalists to see. Finally, I made my way over to Roy Thomson Hall for the gala screening of Butter, a film that premiered at Telluride two weeks ago when I was there, but that I was unable to catch at the time. The film is quite funny, at times, and deserves to be seen -- but by no means will it be a Little Miss Sunshine (2006) type of awards contender, as some had insinuated it might be when it was first seen. (To be honest, the funniest part of the night was the statement issued by distributor Harvey Weinstein and read to the audience by actress Olivia Wilde right before the lights went down.) Speaking of Wilde, I'll be sitting down with the actress tomorrow morning for an interview, so I better run now and prepare! 'Til next time... Toronto International Film Festival Brad Pitt Harvey Weinstein Olivia Wilde Moneyball Butter

Watch Movies Free Online

No comments:

Post a Comment